Best Real Estate Books
This is my virtual bookshelf, which is a collection of some of my favorite books and the ones I find myself recommending to people on a regular basis.
I update the list from time to time and the best way to stay updated is by joining my email list. I only send one email a month with books I’ve actually read.
Also, I’m required to disclose that these are affiliate links. That means if you click on one of them and end up buying the book, I make a few cents. I donate all of that money, so you’re not paying for my yacht or anything like that.
- Set It On Fire: A Modern Playbook For Financial Independence & Retiring Early This is one of the best personal finance books out there. It is suitable for any person in any financial situation, and shares stories from plain, regular people just like you who figured out how to retire early (yes, even during recessions).
- Ego Is the Enemy Many of us insist the main impediment to a full, successful life is the outside world. In fact, the most common enemy lies within: our ego.
- Extreme Ownership: How U.S. Navy SEALs Lead and Win Written by a former Navy SEAL, giving great insights into the mindset required to succeed at a high level.
- Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap…And Others Don’t Many companies settle for being good, which prevents them from becoming great. This is an in-depth study of the commonalities in the companies that become truly great.
- The ONE Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results Having a singular focus makes all the difference.
- The Millionaire Real Estate Agent: It’s Not About the Money…It’s About Being the Best You Can Be! A playbook on how to make a million dollars a year selling real estate with profiles and strategies from the best real estate agents in the world.
- Purple Cow, New Edition: Transform Your Business by Being Remarkable–Includes new bonus chapter Being different has advantages, with lessons on standing out in a crowd.
- Death by Meeting: A Leadership Fable…About Solving the Most Painful Problem in Business
- Outliers: The Story of Success One of my favorite photos is a picture of a blue ribbon that says, “I survived another meeting that should have been an email.” This is a great book to give to your boss and all your co-workers.
- Mindset: The New Psychology of Success How you think about things will guide your life.
- The 22 Immutable Laws of Marketing: Violate Them at Your Own Risk! Marketing is often misunderstood and frequently done poorly. The 22 laws are timeless.
- The Obstacle Is the Way: The Timeless Art of Turning Trials into Triumph This has become a favorite book of NFL players and Fortune 500 executives. Highly recommended.
- The 48 Laws of Power Robert explores the laws of power and how to apply them in everyday life.
- Letters from a Stoic (Penguin Classics) A very old book with lessons that apply to life in the modern age.
- The 4 Hour Body: An Uncommon Guide to Rapid Fat Loss, Incredible Sex and Becoming Superhuman A great resource for diet and exercise hacks that anyone can use. Very comprehensive.
- Not Fade Away: A Short Life Well Lived A story of a successful executive who died young and left a young family behind. It sounds depressing, but it is anything but.
- Founders at Work: Stories of Startups’ Early Days Interviews with successful startup founders from one of the best investors of all time.
- The Hard Thing About Hard Things: Building a Business When There Are No Easy Answers Great insights from Ben Horowitz of the legendary venture capital firm, Andreesen Horowitz.
- High Output Management The art and science of management from the CEO of Intel.
- The Lean Startup: How Today’s Entrepreneurs Use Continuous Innovation to Create Radically Successful Businesses A method for launching and developing businesses from someone who has been there and done that.
- Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action Understanding why we do what we do is critically important.